By Paula Conway
Originally posted on NYDailyNews.com
Put a guys getaway on the books this summer by taking a sports-inspired trip to Elegant Hotels.
Deal: Book “The Daddy Sports Camp” package at Colony Club, Tamarind and The House. This deal includes luxury accommodations, complimentary breakfast, waterskiing, sailing, windsurfing and lessons in cricket, golf and stand-up paddleboarding. The package starts at $175/night for travel through Sept. 30. A minimum seven-night stay required.
Experience: Learn both bowling and batting techniques with a 60-minute cricket lesson at one of the island’s famed fields. Take a swing at the prestigious Apes Hill Golf Club and venture out onto Barbados’ pristine turquoise waters to perfect those paddleboarding skills. Finish off an action-packed week with a Friday night trip to Oistins Bay Garden, a fishing village hub, for the ultimate local fish fry experience.
Book it! Visit eleganthotels.com/specials or call (888) 996-9948 to book.
HAPPY IN HILTON HEAD
There’s something for the whole family at the Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Deal: Book the “Escape Vacation” package, which starts at $1,015 and includes seven days in a one-bedroom villa, and get all these great perks:
• $100 resort credit redeemable for golf, dining and activities.
• Free golf for children 12 and younger on the Ocean Course (with each paid adult round).
• No charge for children 12 and younger on a one and one-half hour dolphin excursion cruise (with each paid adult).
• One complimentary family portrait session on the beach by Memory Lane Portraits ($125 value).
• One Eco-Adventure or activity for two people at the resort or Coastal Discovery Museum at Historic Honey Horn.
• Access for two to the Harbour Town Lighthouse.
• Convenient complimentary “pack and pick-up” grocery service at Harris Teeter-Park Plaza.
• Two hours of complimentary tennis per day at the Sea Pines Racquet Club.
This package is available through Sept. 30.
Experience: With five miles of unspoiled beaches, 14 miles of bike and walking trails, 54 holes of golf and horseback riding, the acclaimed Lowcountry destination offers loads of family fun within the resort.
Book it! Online at seapines.com or by phoning (866) 561-8802
ENJOY A CAPITAL VIEW
There’s a lot to see in Washington, D.C. — especially from the dramatic perspecive of the Aloft Washington National Harbor Hotel.
Steal: Book the “Capital Wheel” package for rates starting at $229 per night. The steal includes two VIP combination passes to the Capital Wheel and The National Harbor Carousel ($45 value), overnight parking with in-and-out privileges ($13 value), a $20 food and beverage credit and 750 Starwood Preferred Guests bonus points per stay. This offer is valid through Sept. 30.
Experience: Over Memorial Day Weekend, the 180-foot Capital Wheel arrived in D.C. It’s now open daily year-round. This grand ferris wheel is the tallest observation wheel east of the Mississippi River. Riders can see the Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol, Potomac River, the White House, the Pentagon and more.
Book it! Visit aloftnationalharbor.com or call (877) 462-5638.